Lebanon for My Dad

Italy For My Mom

Italy For My Mom
Click the Pic
LESS LABELS

Why are we so Hell-Bent on Labels? People Pigeon-holing Politics, Theologians Thinking theirs is the true truth and anyone not "believing" is lost, Men vs Women, Us vs Them, Left against Right...sheesh this is dumb.
What happened to critical thinking? Can we resurrect compromise? Are we at the nadir of negotiation skills? Will the tempest of terrible tribal tantrums take us to the precipice of global disasters?

For your consideration, here are my labels. Potential joiners are welcome?

I. Religion:  I am a devout APATHETIC. I do not concern myself with what or who you believe. I celebrate your freedom of faith while avoiding subscription or attention to your credo.

II. Nationalism: There is one country, the world. Fish don't have visas. Birds don't fly with passports. Acid Rain has no borders. The Rainforest is everyone's oxygen. The IceCaps boost sea level far beyond not-so-green Greenland. We all have only one planet. Every scrape and scar ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE bruises our fragile Big Blue Ball.

III. Politics: I try to be an independent, critical thinker with an open mind. Public servants need to address their label (I know it's a label. What the hell. A little sprinkle of hypocrisy can't hurt).
They are elected by the public "usually" and are supposed to serve their employers...Us. Most of the bird is in the body and if it only uses the right or left wing, it ain't gonna get anywhere. Representatives who praise and practice this will have my support.

IV. Race: Human. Who comes up with these tags? 

V. Sex: Always with a consenting adult. M, F, Bi, Trans, LGBTQ, member FDIC...? Who cares what or who you do as long as you are a contributor to societal needs or, at least, a law-abiding dude, dudess, non-dude...whatever.

Watch this space for continued missives of misguided opinion, if you care the label them such.




No comments:

Italiano Americano

Italiano Americano
Vino and Cheeseburger

animation voices

Edu-Taining to and from Rome

Ciao World! Groove on!

Edu-Taining the Global Village